Today I need to share some testing data (deployment package) from one Ubuntu to another. Probably the simplest way is to install samba-server to Ubuntu and access it from the second one.
How to install samba server in Ubuntu
To install samba server, use:
sudo apt-get install samba sudo smbpasswd [user-name]
When asked, enter new samba access password for selected user. Now you need to install gnome-install-tools to be able use shares-admin command to view all shared folders
sudo apt-get install gnome-system-tools shares-admin
Now setup folder sharing and close dialog. From now, you can use
to access your samba-shared folder.
How to access samba sharing from Ubuntu
If you want to access samba share from ubuntu using GUI-way, follow next steps:
1) Open Places->Connect to Server
2) Choose Type: Windows Share
3) To “Server” field enter IP of your server (or computer-name)
4) To “Share” enter path of your shared folder
5) “Folder” keep as is “/”
6) Enter user details based on previous samba server settings
Now click “Connect” and your shared folder should be connected.