Notes about compiling QtWebEngine (instead of QtWebkit) together with Qt 5.5.1
Qt 5.5.0 configure switches for ICU:
Starting with 5.5.1 it shouldn't be necessary to compile and ship ICU libraries because ICU should be included in Qt package itself.
It's necessary to compile it as standalone module.
Much easier solution seem to be to use http://www.awesomium.com/ ;-)
- When changing configure settings, it's sometimes necessary to perform complete clean rebuild. The best way how to do that is download completely new source package.
- nmake clean or nmake distclean unfortunately didn't work for 100%
- It's necessary to have installed Ruby, Python and Perl
- Source download links for Qt 5.5.1: http://www.qt.io/download-open-source/#section-2
- Precompiled ICU downloads for Windows: http://www.npcglib.org/~stathis/blog/precompiled-icu/
- Qt instructions about QtWebEngine: https://wiki.qt.io/QtWebEngine_on_Windows